chris asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 months ago

Would you stop talking your older brother forever after a fight?

I live with my brother sister and mom. He’s 23 and I’m 18. We got into a fist fight last night. My mom wasn’t there. It was over a Xbox controller. He wouldn’t let me see my Xbox controller so i took his phone. And threw it. He got angry and we started fighting. My little sister tried to break it up but I mean we are taller than her I’m skinnier than both of them though. He busted my lip, and ripped my shirt. I shared a room with my brother Now I’m sleeping in the living room. My mom says I’m crazy and that is not his room. So then my little sister offered to sleep in the living room and I can have her bed. But I told her no, she’s just 15. And to stay out of it, why should she have to sacrifice her bed because we fought? I feel like he should be sleeping in the living room anyway. But I just want to know if I should just stop talking to him for good. Because I go back to work in 2 days and I’m going to have a busted lip.

maybe you should move out if youre going to have fights like that

no you don't stop talking to your brother forever because of a fight over an xbox controller

• Pam

I'm so sorry that you had a fight with your brother, especially over something so silly like an x box. And WHY did it have to turn physical. I also would love eto know why your mother just brushes it off like it's nothing that her 2 sons are fist fightling like that's perfectly ok. Instead, she should sit you both down and make it plain that there will be no physical violence in her house and to learn how to work things out between the two of you. As a mother, the fact that she didn't even bother to do that or address it at all is negligent on her part. I hope your lip feels better and you won't hate your brother forever, but for right now, I know it feels like you will.

• lala

Nobody can replace a bro

So forgive and talk to him

NOTE You were both immature in this situation

No...forever is too long...