Phoebia asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

Im severely depressed and I don't know what to do anymore. Please help me?

Please read my comment below for more info

I feel for you & know how it is to feel that way, I'm older now and very slowly but surely getting there and had deep depression a lot in teens & through the yrs too.

I would say, think positive as best as you can, Life is a gift, if you slump in school, hey your still alive, you are supposed to have droughts in your life to learn from them and grow from them. I don’t have many friends either but you don’t need many friends, people should like you for who you are and if they don’t, then that’s there loss. I would just relax as best you can, let people know, maybe your teachers, I haven’t been to college so just say your struggling. Your life is a gift and you may have been told that a lot, but if you would think suicidal, just think. Do you really think you will never ever be happy again, killing yourself is permanent whereas this happened in 8th grade as you mentioned meaning it may go away at some point. I’m not a trained professional but Stay positive👍🏼🙂

Im 18, almost 19, and a sophomore in college. I've been struggling with this on/off depression and anxiety since 8th grade. In 8th grade it was really bad. I thought about ending my life almost everyday. I never told anyone I was struggling but my parents noticed I was acting different and forced me to start therapy. I only went to 3 therapy sessions because I hated it. I think it's just my personality but I get very bored easily and therapy and everything I was told to do was just boring to me and I didn't think It would help. I was depressed like that for a very long time. And sometimes I would think things are getting better but then I would be sad again. Now I'm in my second year of college and I can see things are getting bad again. I came very close to ending my life two days ago. I just haven't felt that hopeless and empty in a while and I couldn't take it. I feel like everytime I start to feel happy and good again, my happiness is just instantly taken away from me. My depression is also affecting my grades. This annoys me because I strive for all A’s. But I don’t have the motivation to study.

I have no friends In college, or I have people who consider me to be their friends but I just don't feel a connection with any of them. And that's Kinda how I've been most my life. I never really had many real friends who I actually cared about. Even my "friends" I have now, I don't really care about. If they were to just die today It wouldn't really have any affect on me. That makes me sound bad but that's the truth. Anyways I just feel so hopeless now because I’m alone. I thought about moving home next semester and going to school there to be around family but I'm not sure how to mention that to my parents and I'm not even sure I can make it to the end of this current semester.

I figured I should share some background info for anyone who cares. When I was young I was a horrible child. I would throw huge fits if I didnt get my way and It was like that until my pre-teen/early teen years. I would get in so many fights with my parents. It’s gotten way better but I really have to hold myself back from fighting with them. Because I know if I fight with them then they won’t give me money for school and other things.

Another thing I think is important to note which is going to make me seem horrible is that I like when people suffer. Super weird, I know. But I enjoy when people cry or are hurt emotionally or physically. Sometimes I even secretly mess with people to make them think they're going crazy or to just to frustrate them. And I really feel good when I do it. I also have very bad thoughts. I always imagine myself killing people or hurting people and sometimes have very strong urges to do that. I haven’t yet though.

I just need advice on what to do and I just want to know what the hell is wrong with me. I’ve always felt different from others my whole life and I’m tired of feeling this way.