Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 9 months ago

Is it worth filing a complaint over being stuck in the elevator for 2 hours?

I was stuck in the elevator for 2 hours at my university! the ventilation was poor and I called for help but it took 2 hours for them to get me out and for the technician to arrive. The issue is if the air goes out and I could suffocate. My PARENTS are both very angry, They said that's TOO LONG and I should've called 911. I called the button that was in the elevator. They seemed so nonchalant about the whole thing, the person at the reference desk seemed very nonchalant and like she didn't want to call for help!

how was I not in any danger? Did you read the question?

Doubt you would have suffocated, but I would have called 911. Also you parents could contact the deans office

You would not of suffocated, the elevator was not air tight. Air was there. The air wasn’t being sucked out. The air wasn’t going to run out.

You were safe, just uncomfortable. And two hours was a long time.

There was no danger of you suffocating.

Sure file a complaint of you want to. Next time call campus security or 911.

You were in no danger, and sometimes things just break down. They did what they had to do to get you out.

They already know it was uncomfortable and inconvenient, there's nothing more for you to say.