Seth asked in Social SciencePsychology · 10 months ago

What kind of behavior happens when someone hates themselves?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I think if you compliment them, they might

Either straight disagree or deny any good

Points you noticed, and perhaps conclude

That you’re just trying to make them feel

Good, instead of just saying “ thanks “.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) General knowledge

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Snoopy
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Usually they are hated, and they learn that behaviour. It's what depression is. It's learnt self-hated and belief that we are told about ourselves is true, even if it's not. And CBT therapy is about unlearning that.

Some people say narcissism is given by someone caring too much about what others think of them, which derives from being spoiled during childhood (psychopathy is the same, where the spoiling gets worse). Trauma is similar, people care too much because they were forced to care (by the use of brutal force). One is happy the other is depressed. x

The technique used by psychopaths is called gaslighting (now we don't care much about the name of it, but that's how you become depressed).

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I think they are not active,they don,t eat at two branch, either sport I mean it, resting,future had not!

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Similar to emotional abuse an adult can dismantle an otherwise healthy self-image and lead to a distortion of one’s beliefs and thoughts. Trauma at any stage of life can cause large shifts in the way we view ourselves and our self-esteem. Here are some of the most common.

Self-sacrifice- Since they can’t drum up any feelings of pride for themselves, they try to appear noble in action so others will take pity on them and value them for their martyrdom. In their suffering, they gain a measure of self-worth, even if the actions they take are destroying them and everyone around them.

Defeatism- “Why bother trying, I’m going to fail at this.” “This isn’t going to work.” Negative self-talk like that sets a person up for failure, which reinforces their sense of self-loathing and shame. It also prevents them from taking part in anything that might bring them joy or fulfillment, since they’ve convinced themselves ahead of time that they’ll suck at anything they try.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Reclusive, self destructive (many levels), don't care for them-self, down-talks them-self.

• 10 months ago

Can be unseen or maybe depression

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Self harm

Depression

Anxiety disorder

Suicidal thoughts

Suicidal tendency

Projection

Off the top of my head.

• 10 months ago

Depression for one thing. Depression happens when we're disappointed with ourselves or see bad things in ourselves we can't change.

And other forms of 'self-destructive behavior', from getting piercings and tattoos to unsafe sex to taking other risks, making bad decisions etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.