magnolia asked in HealthDental · 9 months ago

ok so i have invisalign, right? the first two sets of retainers were fine, but then they added attachments & i got new sets & I'm In Pain.?

DOES IT GO AWAY? DO I CALL MY DENTIST? i've had it for like 3 days and my teeth are SO sore and i can barely bite down like. (screaming)

i'm getting some clove oil, thank you so much!

i would talk to your dentist about it

You’re suppose to be in pain. It’s like a clamp on your teeth. Pushing or pulling your teeth to move them apart or closer. It goes away after a week or two. Then when you use a new one, it’ll hurt again.

It's just the first set with attachments that's going to be bad. The second one will be better, and the third will be even better. I thought something was wrong too when I first got them.

Clove oil numbs your mouth btw. Maybe you can put a bit of it in some coconut oil or something and swish it around your mouth for 10 minutes or so when it hurts really bad.