Carrisa asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 8 months ago

I have 3 loans taking me to court. Can all three garnish my wages? I have one already garnishing my check .?

• Pam

Unfortunately, yes they can. You might have to file for bankruptcy to get them off your back unless you can come up with a payment plan that works with your budget that they will accept..

Stop the garnishments and collection of the other loans then ruin your credit for the next 10 years as that is how long a BK stays on your record. Talk to a BK Atty and this stay on all collections will happen almost immediately once the BK is filed either a Chapter 7 or 13 depending on all circumstances/

• Carrisa8 months agoReport

Will it stop my previous creditor from garnishing my wages

Yes they can. There’s a limit to how much can be garnished from your paycheck at any one time, but all that means is that someone may have to wait in line for their turn at your wages.

• Judy

Maybe. There is a percentage of your wages that can be taken. If that amount is already garnished, he new loan has to wait until one of the others is paid off.

anything is possible

• Stoo

If you can't even pay back your loans at a baseline level, time to start taking to a bankruptcy attorney. And also time to start living within your means, and understanding that loans have to be repaid, or these are the inevitable consequences to follow.

• Carrisa8 months agoReport

What will bankruptcy do ?

• .

Yes, they can. Why don't you just pay your loans? It's usually easier that way.

• Carrisa8 months agoReport

Because I can’t afford to pay them that’s why.