Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 9 months ago

Why did my trade execute? I bought xyz for $90 then put in a limit order to sell at $89 just in case it did fall to that price but it execut?

Excited much higher than 89. Why did the trade execute when the price didn’t reach 89 yet. What did I do wrong

Oh Brian boy sounds so miserable lol. A bigger good luck to you

Lol old guy is SO HILARIOUS. I could tell he wants attention. Well here it is. Listen, old guy, very possibly fat, bald, and depressed old guy, it’s my money, my choice and I’ll do whatever I want with my money. And maybe you can learn English perhaps??

Favorite Answer

Limit Order will sell at market if at least $89.00

You wanted a STOP throws a market order out if it drops to $89.00 or a STOP LIMIT throws a LIMIT order out if it drops to $89.00

A limit order to sell means to sell when the price is that much or higher. If you don't want it to sell until the price drops, you need a stop order.

Maybe you should entered a "stop" order

Maybe you should have called your brokerage firm

Maybe you should learn what you're trying to do

Maybe you shouldn't try to doing think you know nothing about

• Brian

So, you're supposedly savvy enough to be an investor, but not quite smart enough to talk to your broker or online trading support. Good luck with that.

• B

your limit order to sell meant you were willing to sell at $89.

what you should have placed was a not a limit order, go back and read the choices available with your brokerage, it was probably something called stop order.