?
? asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 8 months ago

Is switching to LED light bulbs in UK a good method of saving money?

Should be. We have long-life bulbs in most of our lights now and never seem to have to buy a new one... just watch, they will all need replacing now!!

We decided to try and see how much money we could save if we got rid of all typical light bulbs and replaced them with either CFL or LED's. That month, we decided to only wash clothes in cold water, take shorter showers, allow dishes in the dish washer to air dry, and be mindful about turning lights on and off. In key areas of the house, I set lamps on timers so lights would not have to be switched on and off. We started this electricity diet on the day our electricity billing cycle began.

We saved $40. that month. Wow. So, if you are consistent with your energy savings plan, you can very well save quite a bit of money over the course of a year. In order to get my children on board, I showed them the electric bill savings. I gave each of them a one time $20bill for a job well done in saving money. Then I told them that if the bill shoots up again, they will begin owing me the lost savings we already proved we could have. A great lesson for teenagers who just got jobs!!

If you presently have filament lamps, yes!

Changing to LEDs will reduce your lighting costs by about 80% - 85% or so.

If you already have low energy lamps such as compact fluorescent, LEDs will not make a massive difference to costs - just replace them as needed.