Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesWashington, D.C. · 3 months ago

Living in Quantico VA or Washington DC?? Which is better in your opinion?

FBI just offered me a job to live in either of those two states. Which is an better option in terms of quality of living?

Wondering before making a decision at the end of the month

• In

DC is neither a city nor a state. It is a Federal District, hence District of Columbia. The FBI Headquarters is located at 935 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20535. I would suggest Silver Spring Maryland to the north. I was scouting out housing in that area when I was being considered for a position with ICC in DC. BTW, Washington Metro Rail Red Line runs from Silver Spring to DC, so no driving required.

And you will be working for the FBI? God help us.

Washington DC is not a state.

• MS

Just FYI, Washington DC isn't a state. It's a city.

It really depends on what you conisder a good "quality of living." Some people like the convenience of being right in a big city and enjoy all that a city offers. Some people would prefer the quiet of a more suburban or rural area, even if it means fewer conveniences.

Quantico offers a lot to see and do, and is in a convenient location. It's probably a bit more affordable and definitely more family-friendly.

The cost of living in Washington DC from what I've heard is a better cure for constipation than ExLax......

Virginia is supposed to be slightly quieter and more family friendly if you've got that to deal with outside work.