117 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

🧀 Good sir, only the cheese can decide that. 🧀

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

no, but there is a large amount of maturity development that happens between those years. That 17 y/o is probably still in High School or just finished, and the 21 y/o might just be finishing college, or settling down into adulthood. See that gap?

I'm 20, and personally I don't think I could date anyone younger than me by more than a year.

I'd also play it safe with the 18 part though solely for legal reasons.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I would definitely find out your states age of consent. I know all relationships aren’t about sex, but it may be bound to happen at some point so it’s better to be safe than sorry. In my state, the age of consent is 16 so that would be completely fine here, but just be sure. In general, 4 years is not bad at all. My sister and her fiancé are 4 years apart and it is not anything to be concerned about.

Have a great day!

• 8 months ago

It actually varies by state

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

I would say it depends on what the laws are in your state are. Here in Kansas, the age of consent is 16 so that means that a guy or girl who is 16+ can LEGALLY have CONSENTUAL sex with anyone who is 16+. Just make sure you get a good look at an I.D. before you engage in sexual activity.

• 8 months ago

Wait a year for it to legal. play it safe.

• ryan8 months agoReport

Exactly

• 8 months ago

If the age of consent is 18 then you best not catch a case

• 8 months ago

Find out your state's age of consent.

• 8 months ago

You better worry about your gap if you get caught

• 8 months ago

A four-year age gap is nothing unusual. However, a 21-year old male, or female, who has a relationship with a 17-year old of the opposite sex, runs a risk if the relationship is intimate. The age of consent is eighteen; otherwise, under the law, the seventeen-year old is a child (a minor).

• alicia8 months agoReport

This is AU answers. In most states here, the legal age of consent is 16

• 8 months ago

Not at all, it's only 4 years, with that being said in certain states if the people were to be sexually active this could lead to legal problems like charges for statutory rape.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.