Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 8 months ago

My MOH wants to step down 2 weeks before the wedding because she doesn’t want to ruin my wedding photographs, should I let her?

My best friend works for the police. She’s well respected in what she does. As a result of her job, both my fiancé and I knew there was a chance she could get hurt before the wedding and have bruises or whatever in our wedding pictures due to the type of work she does. She’s only come out of hospital yesterday after being assaulted at work. She’s covered in bruises, her arm’s broken in two places and she’s got cuts to her face and hands. She’s turned around and said that she wants to step down from being my MOH, but I don’t want her to. She thinks I’ll be ashamed of my pictures if she’s there all bruised and battered when it’s far from the truth. I’m proud of her, she’s fearless and I do wish I was more like her. It’s why I asked her to be my MOH, because she’s the only one who would talk sense into me if I got cold feet about marriage.

Professional wedding photographer Essex.

• Athena

Tell her you will limit the number of photos she is in but you love and respect her for who she is and not how she looks.

Good luck.

back off.... she just got beat up. let her be a guest instead. sorry.

• Ocimom

I would have a talk with her and discuss how things could be "hidden", etc. rather then her step down now.

Bruises and cuts should heal within 2 weeks. As for the broken arm, decorate it in a wedding design, with flowers, leaves, etc.

Or use things like beautiful masks, long gloves, heavy makeup,when photos are taken.

Worse case scenario, get an assistant Maid of Honor, just in case.

• Trish

She shouldn't step down as moh put some make up on her and make a white arm sling.

So talk to her about it and tell her all these things.

Remind her that she is your friend because she’s a good person, not because of what she looks like, and you want her in your photos because you love her.

In the end, it’s her decision, though. You can’t force her to stay.

Are you sure the injuries are from work? Not from an abusive spouse or something?

Tell her you're not so petty as to be concerned about your pictures. Remind her that a wedding is about loved ones, not about having perfect pics to look at. For the cruises there's heavy stage makeup that covers everything. For the sling she's probably wearing just get one that matches the dress (or use a swatch of similar fabric to pin a cover on it). But, if she's just too upset, too affected by pain or too exhausted to serve as MOH you should let her just be an honored guest. Surviving something like that has to mess with your mental equilibrium even if you've been trained to handle it.

I think you should convince her to stay on. She is probably devastated by what happened and really worried about ruining your wedding photos. This is one of those moments where beauty is only skin deep; it is what having her as part of your wedding ceremony symbolizes as opposed to what she looks like. The strength of friendship means that when you look back on those photos they will be a lot more visually appealing knowing that she is there and part of the best day of your life despite being covered in bruises than if she wasn't. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): Do you know if there is any way that she can cover up her bruises?
  • Hannah

Well it's up to you both.. makeup and photoshop can work wonders.