how to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10?
- Laurence ILv 75 months ago
buy a licence, usually the licence seller will also provide the software download of the windows 10 version to match the licence. You then make a bootable usb stick(its at the same place you get the iso from). then erase your disk by deleting all your partitions before installing the fresh copy. if you specifically want an upgrade version then you may need a different version, or it may be included as part of the install procedure to erase your whole disk or upgrade the existing OS.Source(s): https://softwaregeeks.co.uk/product/windows-10-pro... https://london-computers-online.co.uk/windows-10/w...
- 5 months ago
Hi. Do the Win10 capability test, go to the website below (Actual Microsoft download page), follow instructions.
- GeorgeLv 45 months ago
Buy Win 10, install. Done.
- BillLv 75 months ago
Go to a computer store or microsoft.com.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 5 months ago
I would suggest staying with Windows 7 because 10 really isn't finished yet.
- Bill-MLv 75 months ago
This is how I would do it.
1. Purchase a Solid State Hard Drive (SSD).
2. Purchase a USB Memory Stick at least 8 GB.
3. Go to the Microsoft web Site: Media Creation Tool. Down load and then run the Tool.
This tool will download the current version of Windows 10 and install it on the USB memory stick and make it bootable.
4.. Locate your Windows 7 Product Key.
5.. Remove your Windows 7 Hard Drive and install the New SSD.
6. Boot off of the Windows 10 USB to install Windows 10. DO NOT enter a Product Key. Click on I don't have a Product Key.
7. After windows installs go to Control Panel > System and activate windows form there with your Windows 7 Product key.
- Anonymous5 months ago
Backup some important files. Insert the Windows 10 DVD into your DVD player and set the BIOS to boot from your DVD. When it boots, Windows 10 has an option to upgrade from the current Windows. When you upgrade you do not set the partition because it will delete the current harddisk if you did. Wait until you need to input some options during the install process.Source(s): I install every year.....