Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 months ago

My wife only said yes to our first date because I drove a Corvette. Now she says get rid of it or she’s leaving me? What should I do?

She told me that she wouldn’t have gone out with me had I not owned a Corvette. This car I inherited from my grandfather. We worked on cars together and this car is the last thing I have to remember him by. It’s a 2005 and my wife thinks it’s “old and ghetto”.

With that said, she is the love of my life. My soul mate. I would do anything for her, but selling my grandfathers Corvette? I told her how much the car means to me, but thinks ombré being overly sentimental.

I would keep the car, it has sentimental value and she can live with it.

• Ryan8 months agoReport

.

Wish her well, and find a good attorney

So you married a shallow B and now you're asking us to tell you how talk your way out of it. Seems like maybe you should have put more care into a choosing a mate.

• steve

If it is a Little Red Corvette then keep the car and let her walk away.

Apparently with a little red corvette you will find someone else.

Keep the Corvette and then ask her bluntly what she's going to, or what she can do about it. And then if she leaves you, stand your ground anyway. Have a backbone.

Source(s): nothing

you have every right to keep it, if she dont like it she can leave

• Elana

Pick something of hers that she finds irreplaceable and make essentially the same ultimatum.

You don't have to stick to it - just let it make its point. If she doesn't understand why this is so important to you, then clearly she doesn't know you very well and you have a major communication problem.

My bet, however, is that she may understand exactly how important it is.

The fact that she says she only said yes to your first date because of the car actually works against you, as she might consider it a way for you to get other women. That is, she is semi jealous of the car or what it stands for.

This does sound, in some ways, like what people here have taken to calling a shi+ test. That is, she may be trying to find out if she can boss you around. Can she?

I think it's a legitimate question. How many other things is she going to tell you to do and bully you into it by ending the sentence with "or I'll leave you."

• Chris

You both sound materialistic and superficial. You deserve each other.

• Ibredd

Yes keep the car, it will go up in value, and property had before marriage might not be part of any settlement

• Zack

Get rid of her. She’s not a good wife if she’s going to leave you for getting rid of a CAR!