Sangha asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 3 months ago

Do U.S. ATMs accept 6 digit debit cards?Mine is a VISA from Thailand.?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • james
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Only at major banks. You need call the card company & let them know you will be in the U.S. Some W. Marts & Malls will take them. But not gas stations & small stores. Depends on who there service is with. Many ATMs in the U.S. only accept American cards. Also what bank there is the card on? Small local banks often do not have international service. So a major bank card from there only. You will be charged a extra $2.50 each transaction. You can also get a international debit card good world wide at most major banks. It gets kind of strange. If I go here to Save More the check out lane will not take a out of Country credit or debit card. But the BPI ATM in the store will. Same at the Mall. There are 6 different ATMs there. But only 4 take international cards. So what bank it is on can make a difference international bank or local bank. I see people show up with cards on like Some State food Co OP. they do not work outside of the U.S. But a major bank card will. I use a Visa car world wide. But mine is set up that way for most not all ATMs.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

you are asking in the wrong place. Post it in travel-->USA-->other

Visa-cards, American Express, Master Card are widely accepted here in Europe

• Tic-Tac-Toe
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

The person is asking about Visa debit cards that in Thailand use 6 digit pin code can be used in America that use a 4 digit pin code. The question is in the right subcategory.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Only if authorised by Seeya Oh.

• 3 months ago

You need to call the issuer of the card and ask them if it will work in the USA.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Yes, they do. But expect a high transaction rate when making a withdrawal. Also, you may want to change your daily withdrawal limit at your Thai Bank. I use the Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn Visa Card in America before with 6 digits. The ATM machine will recognize if it is a six or 4 digit card.

• 3 months ago

PLEASE. Only answers from someone who has actually left the borders of the US

• Richie Rich3 months agoReport

Excellent reply ask someone living in Thailand. This person has a Thai Visa card. The rest of you STFU

• 3 months ago

Generally a Visa card cna only be used in the country it was issued

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.