Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 9 months ago

What should I do?

So I went out and disposed some trash to my trash bin an hour ago (10:30 where I live) and I noticed that my neighbor's garage door is open. I tried closing it with the keypad but it didn't close. So I tried knocking on her door a couple times but she didn't open. It's 12:00 am right now and I know it's so late at night so she must be already in deep sleep because all the lights are off. She doesn't have a doorbell which is strange but what should I do? I don't want her to lose her stuff in her garage. I live in a safe neighborhood. No break-ins have been reported in years but still robbers/looters can break in at anytime of the night. Should I just leave a note on her door saying that I tried knocking on her door but no answer and I tried closing the garage with the keypad but it didn't close? Would that be a good idea? Would it be safe? I mean if she finds out that I touched the keypad, she would think that I was trying to steal her stuff. Your thoughts guys?

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Do not leave a note. Call the police and let them know.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

Phone the cops and report a suspected burglary. They'll wake her up.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You would be unable to close her garage door using her keypad that's outside her garage, not unless you know the code - which you don't.

Not having a door bell isn't "strange". Not everyone has a door bell, or her bell may be broken and she's never gotten around to having it replaced.

Forget about it. Your neighbor probably knew she left her garage door open, and she wasn't worried about it. .

• 9 months ago

You should have knocked and even woke her if need be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Its possible she couldn't shut the door because the keypad is broken. Just go to bed.

• Raja
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Your intention is good but there is a risk of leaving a note if by any chance a robber or looter has removed something from her garage, you will be the first person to be questioned by the Police.Give up the idea of leaving the note and let her be vigilant and look after her things.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If you have her number try to call her. If you get no answer and this is out of character for her I wouldn't hesitate to call the police to do a wellness check. Many a medical emergency has been discovered in this way.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Just explain when you see her

• 9 months ago

You appear to be too focused on her garbage. Leave it be.

• 9 months ago

I wouldn't leave a note it just puts you into the problem. It's not your problem and I feel you tried hard enough to help, leaving a note is just increasing your chance of being blamed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.