If you’re vegan/vegetarian, how hard was it for you to convert?

• 1 year ago

Not hard at all.

I spent 9 months doing research on the healthiest meats etc.. to try and improve my diet, I was extremely ill and was even contemplating suicide if I couldn't change things, and I was also trying to 'debunk' the vegetarian diet, I eventually went vegetarian after having my eyes opened by all the research I did that exposed the lies we have been fed our entire lives from the time we're born, after 2 weeks on a vegetarian diet I saw a mother cow crying for her baby (dairy industry) and newly hatched (male) baby chicks being ground up alive (egg industry) and instantly went vegan. Haven't looked back after 2 years now and I am also the healthiest I have ever been in my life (aged 46 yrs now), my only regret is that I didn't wake up and open my eyes a helluva lot sooner!!

• me
    1 year ago

It was easy. No joke.

• It was mostly easy when I was veggie but veganism is harder.

• Very easy. I "converted" over 40 years ago, and never looked back. Feeling good, feeling healthy, and looking great is very addictive. No way could I go back to eating meat.

• Beth
    1 year ago

It was not too difficult for me to follow a vegetarian diet. Meat is just a texture, and I've eaten meat just about every day for the first 55 years of my life before I decided to become a vegetarian.

• 1 year ago

not hard at all. if you love animals enough, then you can do it.

• i am trying to be either vegan, but it is really hard for me to convert, I enjoy eating cheese, eggs and cow's milk. Yet I don't enjoy the vegan substitutes.

• 1 year ago

While technically pescetarian, I found it fairly easy.

• 1 year ago

Vegetarian for years and I became vegan overnight, it was easy.

1 year ago

not hard. I was vegetarian for 2 years and it was pretty simple. I didn't eat much meat before though so maybe that's why it wasn't hard.