Can Eating Bananas Kill You Due To Radiation Poisoning?

Is it true?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

I believe if you develop a daily habit of 2 drops of Iodine and Kelp you can wart off poisoning from most things. Your thyroid is where it will go. You cannot live without it.

• Summertime
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Thank you so much. Get that bottle of liquid Iodine and Kelp

• 2 weeks ago

I don't think so, but bananas are high carb food loaded with natural sugar. I don't think bananas are going to hurt you

• In
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

While some isotopes of potassium are minimally radioactive, you would choke on all of the bananas you would have to eat to get a significant dose of radiation. You would probably be exposed to more radiation from the Americium in your smoke detectors.

• 2 months ago

No. Bananas are normally not radioactive, and just because something is exposed to radiation does not make it become radioactive, either. That's just not how radiation works.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Well as I know it, bananas do not contain a significant amount of toxic levels to really cause radiation sickness. The idea that bananas are toxic is all about the potassium that people know it contains. Despite the fact that potassium is an essential mineral, potassium can be toxic in large doses. It is so toxic, in fact, that potassium chloride is one of the substances used to kill people by lethal injections.

• 2 months ago

There are a lot of really stupid questions asked in this forum but this one is really over the top.

• 2 months ago

Sure - anything contaminated by a sufficient amount of radioactive substances could kill you but the odds of being exposed to dangerous radiation through a banana are zero unless someone intentionally tried to kill by poisoning a banana.

• 2 months ago

No but bananas may soon no longer exist due to fungus poisoning. Enjoy them while you can.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no that is not true

• Sky
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. Watch this video which compares bananas to radioactive places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRL7o2kPqw0

Youtube thumbnail

• Brian
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes. Stay away from Chernobyl bananas.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.