Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 9 months ago

Why is there no more supply and demand?

Every store is now adding more groceries and getting rid of everything else because it's what corporate says. what happened to supply and demand? the people want things they have to provide it it's the entire basis of this economy. WTF?????

will always be supply and demand...if your store is doing this, it is because corporate has determined this is where the sales and profit are

Economic collapse of the US dollar.

There are different schools of economic thought. Supply and demand economics are two such schools. Keynesian economics is a 'demand side' school; the Austrian School of Economics uses "Say's Law" which is supply side economics. Seems to me like you just described a supply side school of economic thought.

My store has everything I need. And if it doesn't, I simply go to another. And as a last resort, there's always the internet - eBay & Amazon, etc.

• JuanB

They are getting ready for the recession. They have done this before. Even if you haven't.

Minimum wage policy!

• Oiy

In economics, the market could be closed. It's over. Just move on. In this case, all are a loser, not only you.

The economy's dried up for now...

There must be a demand. People are fat and hungry these days so it would seem to be difficult to lose money selling crappy food items with brightly coloured packaging and long lists of shelf-stable ingredients.

I wouldnt know, I don't work for minimum wage