I'm 24 and lately I've heard many times "you're young...you need to go places and have fun before you settle down"?

So I want to go to new places but I only make $1800 a month and I only get 2 weeks vacation a year.

Also not sure WHERE to go??? I just want to live my best life!!

Any ideas/suggestions/advice would be helpful :)

Favorite Answer

Go for shorter trips that will be cheaper to see things relatively near you at first. Rather than taking all two weeks off at once take days off when there are already long weekends due to holidays to maximize the time you spend away in any one break. You'll be able to increase the duration and distance of your vacations as you mature in your job and your salary goes up.

Road trip! Stay in your car - or camp during mild weather. This is a great way to explore with minimal cost. Hit National parks in off seasons. Not sure where you are so it makes it difficult to recommend a specific place. Just stay out of California!

12 bucks an hour? Get a better job. Go online and take courses.

Work your way around the world.

Or as Gypsyfish suggests, join the Peace Corps. Seriously. It will give you lots of points on your CV when you finally return to the US. People who work abroad like that can't help but come home more adult, more experienced, with a wider knowledge of the real world. Employers LIKE that.

Join the Peace Corps. Work on a cruise ship. Look for work with the kind of organizations that do humanitarian work in other countries- many have paid position. Join Americorps. You are not going to be able to afford vacation travel on that salary.

You have TWO weeks?

You have ten DAYS off or what?

Be specific.

Four days added to a long weekend gives you nine days holiday twice a year with two days left over to make your own long weekends.

Start small an overnight to next town or city, a weekend a little further.

NO NEED to have some far away destination every time you travel on holiday.

SAVE your money. Only you can decide if you want a stack of stuff on your shelves or memories of adventures to other places.

Travelling is best done with other people

• y

Catch 22, try to travel, have fun, experience all that life has to offer while young. The long term career goals could be hurt preventing you from being all that you could be. So to speak. Wait, focus on the career, and something may happen that removes the possibility of travel and such when older. Of course for some it works out, others, not so much. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and travel can not only open your mind, it can open doors you never knew existed.

• paul

at 24 you are young , but first you need to grow up and get a real job , usajobs.com

• ilovetodance9 months agoReport

I don't qualify for any of those lol

There must be lots of places you can go in your state or another state nearby. The brother in law’s brother is really good at enjoying life. He likes to drive to different cities within 1 or 2 days drive and attend different concerts or visit amusement parks.

I agree with the sentiment. I love to travel

I work non-traditional jobs that allow me to travel whenever I want.

Sometimes in travel for work.

If you have 2 days off in a row, you can fly sonewhere, or drive somewhere. It doesnt have to be far or cross country.

I've been to 30 states and hope to visit all 50 some day.

I don't want to be one of those people who work 20 to 30 years and retire in their 60's and travel. Ew. Its just depressing. I want to travel when I can still get around easy and enjoy it. Not be elderly.