Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 9 months ago

Your invited to a destination Birthday cruise. Do you still get a gift.?

• Den B7
    Favorite Answer

Yes, and it had better be an awesome one at that.

Yes, Cynthia - you still get them a gift. Doesn't have to be big and expensive, but something

If the person inviting you is paying, then that is their gift to you. You can then afford to buy them a gift as thanks for the cruise!

If you are paying for the cruise...............then a little extra gift isn't going to break you.

I assume anyone throwing such a party, would of course invite people they know can afford such frivolity

I am responsible for getting to and from. IE: flight, cruise and transfer to and from ship. Do I still get them a gift.

UPDATE on this answer. If they invite you and expect you to pay, then it is not much of an invitation. In fact, it is a Horrible one. I would refuse.

• cynthia9 months agoReport

Well I guess I should’ve proof read my post. Because some one got their panties in a bunch. I was invited and expected to pay my own way. Do I get them a gift?

Depends whether you're expected to pay for the cruise or not.

If they're basically asking you to pay for their holiday of choice so you can join them - I'd say that's more than enough spent. But it's up to you, and what you can afford. (NB you can also decline the invite)