chris asked in TravelCruise Travel · 9 months ago

When going on a cruise?

What time does a cruise begin and is it in the morning or night time?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

All depends on the type of cruise..........I do a lot of MED cruises, that run on a continuous circuit.

That means, every stop......is an offloading, and on loading stop of new passengers.

The general rule is-------the ship docks early in the morning, gives those passengers until 10 or 12 am to debark.........and then embarks the new passengers from like 2 to 4............and then is ready to set sail by dinner time usually.

This also gives the other passengers from roughly 9 or 10 am......until 5 or 6 pm.....to take their day excursions and see that port.

and when they say you need to be back on board by 6 PM. they don't mean 6:05.

They have extremely SHARP schedules to keep.......and pay high fees to stay in port. THEY NEED to leave ON TIME, for the well running of the port and can't wait for stragglers.

Those left behind,.-.......getting to the next stop is YOUR problem on YOUR Dime.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

leave your partner at home

• 9 months ago

All the cruises I've done out of Florida left at 4 or 5 PM. Cruises out of Puerto Rico on Celebrity leave at 8 PM.

• 9 months ago

Usually afternoon. By doing that, you should already be at your destination by the time you wake up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

They normally leave between 4 and 5 in the afternoon.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

depends on the cruise, you need to call them and ask them

• 9 months ago

They don't all begin at the same time....when you book the cruise your ticket or your itinerary will tell you when that one starts.

• 9 months ago

Most cruises board starting at noon, and leave around 4-5 pm. I do know of one cross-Atlantic cruise that left later at night, but the afternoon schedule has been true on all the cruises I've taken, both from the east coast and the west coast. They generally get in around 7 in the morning, unload passengers, allow time for cleaning, and then board the next passengers starting at noon.

• John
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

We did 10 days along Mexico from the Grand Princess and the cruise started in late morning out of San Francisco.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

you decide when you buy the ticket. Duh!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.