How can I get over a guy i believe is straight?

To keep it brief, me and this person have known eachother for 3 years now. At first I had no feelings for them at all, we would talk for hours most days, i genuinely never got bored with them and i believe they woukd say the same. However, out of nowhere I fell in love in such a rapid way that i cant even remember what it was that made me fall in love. However, I dont believe they re bi (like me) or gay, he brings up his exes who are all female and talks about wanting kids. So of course I dont want to love them the way i do but i cant seem to stop. I limit my time with him, been in other relationships, and just try to get over him. The past two years it was bumpy since he seemed more occupied with work and I just wanted some time with him like we had at first (not that i forced it) yet I always felt that I was pushed aside unlike his other friends. He knows im bisexual but i dont think hed play with my feelings in that way. But I just wanna know how i can get rid of my feelings for him, any answers?

• Tj

Be honest with yourself. Read what you wrote here. Time to move on to someone that shares you wants.

You probably already know subconsciously that you'll need to distance yourself from this guy if you ever hope to get a handle on your feelings for him. Try to find someone with clear intent who's available to you and wants to be with you.

love is a two way street

Stay away from him and try to focus on the things that you like or love! If he cannot return the same feelings or love to you, do not carrying on the pain because it will become heavier.

You’ve done the right thing by outing your self to him. And he likes and obviously makes time for you. On some level he must know after 3 years that you really like him. But you do need to know one way or the other. Is it a bromance for him or would he really like to try a friend with benefit type thing out with you or maybe more? So I’d just ask him some time if there were ever a scenario in which he thinks that he might try being bi curious and or bi and trying it with another guy.

If its a flat out no - you have your answer. I’d imagine him as a brother that is now off limits. Or visualize him as like an old aunty that you love to hang out with - but obviously would never go for. Just keep visualizing him as off limits and keep dating. Hit the bathhouse every once in a while - best way to get over a man is under a new one.

If he says there is a scenario - then see if he is interested.