My wedding guest list is at 110, is that too small?

I am not sure how many will decline, I just am worried if even 10 people decline for whatever reason that the wedding would be too small and people won't have fun? I know it sounds silly but I feel like 100 people is not that much and other people will just not enjoy it because it's not a bigger crowd. I chose a barn venue and it has been my dream venue for years so only 120 could be seated anyways. I know to some 100 seems a lot and to others 100 seems too little. Why am I like this? Lol

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

I could invite a lot of guests in my family that I hardly know so I only invite those who have exhibited good character for fifteen years or more. The point is not the number it should be Love a wedding is about Love and family.

• 3 months ago

Since it only fits 120 I would say it doesn't need to get any bigger....

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's because you're trying to turn your wedding day into the Academy Awards instead of viewing it as a solemn ceremony to bind you and your beloved together in the eyes of your friends and family. A guest list is only as valuable as the people on it are to you. So if you're looking at them as an audience as opposed to as your social support system you might approach your wedding as a network exec would the unrolling of a new pilot. Worry more about quality than quantity and your wedding will be more meaningful.

• 3 months ago

I have attended almost two dozen weddings. The best weddings were the smaller weddings because it was so much more intimate and personal. Huge weddings are not all that much fun because I feel like we are all like a herd of cattle; filing in to be seated, fed and let loose.

One hundred people is not a small wedding. It is a perfect size, in my opinion. This way you can actually greet your guests and spend time with them if just to say hello. The larger weddings I have attended, I did not even get to talk to the bride or groom other than giving them a hug as we left the church.

I think you have an odd way of thinking and I do not quite understand why you think 100 people in attendance at your wedding is too small of a wedding. Please rethink your internal dialogue and change it to see that whether 95 or 115 people show up, it will still be a great wedding. You'll see.

On the other hand, if you keep brainwashing yourself into believing that 100 or so people are not enough guests, then you are just talking yourself into having not as good of a time, for no real good reason.

Even if 20 people decline, so what? You are so overthinking this one. Relax.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

I couldn't give a damn

• 3 months ago

Why does it matter?

The guest list should be the people you want to celebrate your wedding with. Not an arbitrary number. I doubt you'd even notice the difference in numbers.

• 3 months ago

I think you've been watching too many movies, or reading too many bridal mags :) 100 people is considered a fairly large wedding.

In a comment, you said you're more worried about what others think than what you want yourself. This is actually smart thinking. Sure, you get to decide about a lot of stuff, but when brides don't think about their guests, bad stuff happens. To keep your life simple, guest surveys have been done for decades, and everybody wants the same thing: good food (and drink, if applicable) and good music. It's really that simple.

When you ask why you're like this, it's obvious! It's the biggest day of your life and you want people to enjoy themselves. Just don't bring on your own stress worrying about a non-issue. Guests will want to enjoy the festivities and catch up w/people they haven't seen in awhile.

• 3 months ago

i would elope.............

• drip
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Too small for what? People have weddings with 50 guests. I really don’t see why you think guest won’t enjoy themselves just because there isn’t gobs of people there. How ridiculous. No guest is going to walk into your reception and say Oh gosh there isn’t 200 people here, we can’t possibly have any fun, let’s leave.

The last three weddings I have gone to have had 80-110 guests.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Chances are it is because you are basing your expectations on what you have seen from other weddings in various forms of media. This can often be deceptive. In reality, every wedding is different. The main thing is that you invite all the people who you want to be there. It is not the amount of guests that make a wedding fun but the quality of people. In any case, I think the venue you have chosen has the right kind of atmosphere to cater for a small number of guests anyway! I really hope that this helps :)

Source(s): How big is the barn? Do you feel that the space is too open for the number of guests or is it just right?
    • JoyaSee
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Best thing you can do for yourself longterm is to stop thinking anyone else's opinion should play a role in your life or marriage

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.