how to get a phone call blocked?

someone keeps calling me and I delete it and hit dismiss and today I hit lock? Does that keep them from calling again?

How to speak correct English?

• mom

someone keeps calling me and I keep my answering machine on and they never talk into the machine, so I blocked them. they still keep calling but the phone only rings once. I also put the on the do not call list and after a month they have to stop calling and if they don't just complain to do not call list and they will deal with them

• Liam

Ignore it and move on 

Everyone has a right to calmly or say what they want whether you like it or not. Freedom of speech

Source(s): It’s what you said to me

Cell phone, land line, service provider?

So many unprovided details.

Register your number on the "Do Not Call" list. Do you have an Android or an iPhone?

Tap the Contacts app.

Scroll down to the number you want to block.

Tap Block This Caller.

Go to your smartphones call list then which number disturbing you click to block option then the number blocking done.

• sarah

they do not call they send a message number and want you to call them back. When we did the cell phone bill was over 300. so we started hitting dismiss and not calling them back to bring the cell phone bill back but we can't stop them from calling everyday.

• D J

If it's on you landline, log on to your account & search for "Block unwanted calls" & block the number. If it's on your cell phone, you can use a free app like Hiya to screen & block unwanted calls.

answer the phone and say the following the number that you have reached is no longer in service and there is no new number please be sure that you have checked the telephone directory for the right number and you are dialing correctly. Then push the telephone keys 492 do this each and every time consistently in about a month the amount of callers that you're getting will be substantially reduced the machine will Mark the number as disconnected

Install the app. "Mr. Number".