Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Would I be considered a theist? No mean answers please.?

I'm a 24 year old gay male raised in a Christian family, when I was little I used to go to church and always say my prayer. I still believe in a higher force, I just don't follow any religion and I'm not indoctrinated. Still I do not deny the existence of God.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Of course. Theist doesn't mean you accept the Bible. I'm a pagan and I'm still a theist.

• Login to reply the answers
  • That seems to be a very serious form of disbelief, almost blasphemous. You entertain that there is a God and decide that it isn't even worth pursuing. If you died tonight you would be asked: was I nothing to you !!!

• Jake
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

God exists. A person can know this with certainty by way of having true devotion to the Virgin Mary, who is the greatest of creatures yet infinitely less than God.

• 6 months ago

Yes. There are gay-affirming churches BTW.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You sound more like a "Deist" which is a person who believes in a deity, but follows no specific religion.

A Theist tends to follow a particular religion but the term generally encompasses all religions.

• 6 months ago

It's not about the denial of god it's about a belief in god, I do not deny that there is a god, I just don't believe it, that makes me an agnostic atheist, a theist simply believes that a god exists, it does not have to be the god of the bible, and you do not have to worship it, you just need to believe that a god is there. There is no right answer or wrong answer we cannot honestly know if a god exists, and which god it is. If you believe that there is some sort of god you are a theist, If you cannot believe the claims about a god you are an Atheist.

• 6 months ago

The only 'requirement' for being an atheist is being able to say "I do not believe in god/s".

If you can't say that you're not an atheist.

There are no fences to sit on.

~

• 6 months ago

Yes, you are. And it's good you can pray.

• 6 months ago

Nah - A Fence Sitter

• 6 months ago

As Nim pointed out pagans, tarot card users, visitors of psychics, astrologers all believe in a higher power or force. Just believing in a “higher force” can be demonic in origin if it’s not acknowledgement of the one true God.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.