Is trusting in Jesus Christ alone for your Salvation enough to get you to Heaven?

I believe Jesus Christ has died on the cross for my sins as the only way for me to gain entry to Heaven, I know I can't make it to Heaven on my own and I depend on Jesus to help me get there.

51 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Best Answer

An important point in your Q is how the word 'alone' is placed AFTER 'trusting in JC', and you have avoided the trap of saying 'Only trusting in JC...' Not many people have noticed this.

This is about who our trust has to be in. Do we trust Christ alone, or do we trust in other things (for salvation). The gospel message of the Bible is that we dare not trust in other things to be saved. We cannot trust in human organizations or religious systems or rituals; we cannot trust in legalism (trying to keep laws to get favour with God); we cannot trust in doing enough 'good' works to merit approval.

Until we get to the point where we realize we are helpless and chained to sin, and cry out to God to deliver us, we will remain chained to whatever we are really trusting in. And here's the crunch point. Trust in Jesus Christ alone is what the Bible calls for. That means having faith only in what He did to deliver us, and to save us. We cannot put our faith in Him ALONE, plus in other things! The logic is so simple, yet few see it.

As for 'getting to Heaven' - that is an unfortunate modern phrase. It's misleading. Jesus taught that we enter into the kingdom of Heaven by seeking it first, and God's righteousness. When we do that in meekness, it is ours. When we enter by the strait gate (which is Christ Himself), we have the kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 5:3 is present tense, not future tense. The moment we bend our knees in Jesus' name, trusting in Him alone for salvation, we become subjects of the King of the kingdom of Heaven. When we die, we will be relocated in spirit to the realm 'above' that is God's dwelling-place, to the place Jesus has prepared for His followers, and then on the Day of Resurrection our spirits will be clothed with bodies made fit for eternity in God's presence. Yet those who trust in Christ alone for Salvation now, are actually in the kingdom of Heaven, while we are on Earth. Therefore, we can pray with new significance for God's will to be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven - through us living as subjects of the heavenly kingdom right now.

• norine4 months agoReport

JESUS PROMISED HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM >>>"SAVES"<<< IN MARK 16:16 WITH "POWER RECEIVED AFTER THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (ACTS 1:5) COMES UPON YOU" (ACTS 1:8).

• Hogie
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It is enough. It is sufficient. There is nothing you can add or supplement regarding your salvation. It is all about what He did for you, and nothing to do with what you can do for yourself.

• huffyb
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

NO---Christ said one has to obey his commandments-eg--"judge ye not"--Jesus said nothing about "grace"---or "giving your life to Jesus"--that was Paul's way to get more numbers!

• 4 months ago

OK, believers, I challenge all of you to explain the exact location of that heaven.

• 4 months agoReport

NO TALK TO COP W/OUT LAWYER
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/183426049964/antifa-trump-robert-kraft-sell-sex-and-earn

BAN GUN
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/185318078074/if-you-can-convince-trump-to-say-ban-gun-he-can

JEWS MUST LASER TILL VANISH BY 2047
      https://m.vk.com/wall519091887_137

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Trusting in Jesus and living your life as though you trust in Him will result in salvation. Claiming to trust in Him while living a life of sin won't result in salvation.

• 4 months agoReport

The demon want Jews children blood and soul by Oct 9th 2047 (judgement day)
      Doomsday? Ask Mayan cos he awaken in 2012

You didnot expect judgement day even book of life already exist?
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/187143291834/millions-of-hong-kong-people-are-queuing-up-to-get

• 4 months ago

No. No way. Absolutely not. Faith without works is dead, and so are we.

• 4 months ago

Yes, and,

Colossians 2:6 King James Version

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Means if you have bad habits and sins you know are not pleasing to Him, you take them to the foot of the Cross in prayer and leave them there knowing He is working them out. Even when they get worse that is only satan trying to get you to take them back because he knows you can do nothing but struggle with them. And they give him and the demons inroad into your life, and they enjoy coming in, eating your lunch and popping the bag.

• 4 months ago

So many assumptions, so little time...

• 4 months agoReport

https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/187143291834/millions-of-hong-kong-people-are-queuing-up-to-get

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

That’s kind of an attitude of just obtaining a “get out of Hell free” card, if you ask me, but I understand. Been there, done that.

Source(s): Jesus follower
    • 4 months agoReport

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Romans 4:5. No works. The way is narrow, and few find it. Few believe in no works. All the religions and cults teach works. All of them.

• Hal
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Works do nothing to save us. Zero. But we are totally required to do the works God has prepared for us to do! or without those we will not make it, because faith itself will collapse -- Matthew 7:24-27

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.