Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 3 months ago

What type of bug is this?

Anyone able to identify this bug? We moved into a rental and noticed that we had German cockroaches :(. We have had the house sprayed and we manually cocked all baseboards / cracks / holes etc. To prevent the issue from getting worse. Anyway, I’m wondering if this is some type of cockroach or something else that perhaps came from outside ?

Thanks !

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It's just a little woodlice.

• P
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It looks like a common woodlice.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

If you went back far enough in history you would know it is related to the T-Rex.

• 3 months ago

Looks an awful lot like a woodlouse,AKA rolly polly or pill bug(about 20 different names). Totally harmless, really one of the good bugs. They don't damage, bite, sting,smell, they are clean, heard grilled, they taste like shrimp.

They are a decapod crustacean, the only land dwelling sort.

These don't handle pesticides well, probably soon die from a poisoned house.

They scavenge on decaying matter, mostly fiber like rotting wood, one of natures little janitors.

Bathrooms they eat soap scums and the junk under baseboards and tight corners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodlouse

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

As best I can tell from your picture I would think it’s either a “House Centipede” or maybe a Silverfish. The web site I gave can help you distinguish between the two, the photo I attached is a house centipede.

Attachment image
  • Andy
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

It's hard to tell from the photo but it looks like a centipede.

https://www.orkin.com/other/centipedes

• 3 months ago

It looks like a simple roach

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

thats a kissing bug i think

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

You "caulked" them, not "cocked" them.

• Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Take the man at his word.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.