Can you "stack" scholarships, like take money from two or three scholarships at the same time?

I'm asking because I want to do my masters in the states (I'm from the UK) but I don't qualify for financial aid (because I'm not a US citizen) and even if I did I wouldn't wanna be in over £130K of debt.

• nancy
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you can receive more than one scholarship. My daughter had dozens of them totaling over $90,000. However, most scholarship organizations require that the funds be returned if they will cause you to exceed the school's charges For example, if school charges come to $50,000 and you're lucky enough to get $60,000 in scholarships or other grant aid, the school will have to return that extra $10,000 to the last organization (s) that awarded it. There are a few organizations that will allow the student to keep a overage like this to help pay for other expenses, like books or transportation, but typically the restrict it to tuition, fees and on-campus room and board.

• Donatello6 months agoReport

Thank you this was really helpful

Sure, it's done all the time by students who get small scholarships from multiple sources.