How many years can a mobile phone last?

Best Answer

It depends on the type of phone.

• David

Indefinitely but it won't keep working.

I have iphone 6S+ and I'm going on 4 years. Battery life is still surprisingly good. One big thing with iphone is even if I sell it now, I get alot of money for it, other phones depreciate to almost $0.

I have a Motorola Milestone a-853 that is about 10 years old. I keep updating it with Cyanogen versions.

In addition, I have a Motorola 3310 that is about 18 years old that still works well (and has the original battery)

There is no known limit for the electronics if luck and care work out well.

The end will come when its "G" number is no longer supported.

My s5 has lasted 5 years now. I can't really upgrade. The most annoying thing ever with new phones is not being able to take the battery out. I need my phone to always be on for work and can't be arsed with pocket chargers.

• liam3 months agoReport

The pocket charger is just being used as a bicycle light charger lol. Was sick of people stealing my lights so welded them onto my bicycle hah.

It depends on who uses it .

On average around 3 or 4 years. Depends on how a person uses it and how well they take care or it

Indefinitely assuming replacement batteries are available.

It depends on the type of phone. Many android brands are generally more durable than IPhones in terms of lifespan. IPhone's can last you up to 6 years if you don't mind lagging and short battery life, otherwise it's recommended that you upgrade to the newest IPhone every 2 years or so. Hope that helps :)