Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 3 months ago

Wasps in my room?

Recently, I’ve been noticing there’s been many wasps coming into my room. I try to kill them, but they always come back. I’m not sure where they’re coming from because I’ve looked for a nest everywhere and can’t find one. I’m super afraid of bugs so I’m haunted that one night I’ll wake up covered with wasp stings

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Wasp don't sting unless you go swatting at them. Might be nesting under eaves near vents to the house and needs screens. Hornets and bees might nest in wall voids but you can locate them outside.

Wasps are in their nest at night unless they get trapped in your house.

No real need to kill them, try a small piece of watermelon on a spoon or small saucer, offer it to the wasp, they go for the fruit, then just take them outside. You can retrieve the spoon after sundown.

I do that by hand and never stung.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32083154@N02/9767704...

• Joe
      Lv 5
      3 months agoReport

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Wasps in an agitated state will sting whoever is close by, man or animal.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

They don't fly at night. Mosquitoes do so that is what will bite you in the neck...or face...or ear. They are more apt to stay in their nest because it is warmer.

• 3 months ago

I would guess they are in the wall or ceiling and may have chewed through a ceiling tile--or a weak spot in the drywall--if so they would be paper wasps which are fairly non-aggressive and easy to kill. are they small?? listen to the walls-put your ear up against it when it is quiet-and see if you can hear buzzing. watch a wasp and see where it travels--if you are lucky you will find its entry point into your room--if you do-you can spray a fogger into it-just make sure there are no other exit spots or they will swarm out through it. or if you want to make other posters happy you could ask them politely to leave-see how well that works.

• Jedi Jan
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Only wasp that stung me was a paper wasp. That was as pleasant as striking one's hand with a hammer. Then my hand swelled up fairly radically. Ice and antihistamines later I could attest to not finding them non-aggressive! Just my fault I removed a dying palm frond before noticing their nest.

• 3 months ago

One of the reasons they keep coming is that when you swat one it emits a "distress pheromone" which summons others. You'll need to look very carefully to observe where they're coming from, there may be a nest within the walls which you can't see and they're getting in through a gap or crack.

You won't wake up covered in wasp stings, unlike for instance bedbugs which bite you to feed on your blood they aren't interested in that. They'll only sting if aggravated.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

An electronic fly swatter works well on wasps.

• 3 months ago

You probably have a wasp next in the wall somewhere are they are releasing through a crack or other opening into your room.

I suggest a thourough inspection of the casings around any windows or exterior doors, which is the most likely way they are getting in.

You could also carefully observe exterior windows and doors during warm days to try to find the exterior entry to the nest by watching for wasps coming and going.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

wasps are super sentisitive to fly spray and die almost instantly

beside wasps don't sting unless aggrivated

• 3 months ago

Take a peek in your air conditioner duct they may have built a nest in the ductwork.

• donnie
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Maybe get a bug trap and try and find and block off where their coming in at

• 3 months ago

They are getting in somehow. Find where and plug it. And if someone tells you to start spraying poison all over the place, don't. Wasp / hornet spray is a nerve toxin, only a couple molecules removed from nerve gas like Saddam Hussein used against the Kurds.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.