McDonalds. I’m on my probation period but I’m sick. Will I get fired if I call out?

My shift starts in 10 hours. I worked earlier today but already didn’t feel good. I came home and puked 3 hours later and still am puking. I started two weeks ago so I’m still on probation period. Will I get fired if I call out?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

It's McDonald's you are expendable

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Maybe or maybe they'll just stop giving you work. If you have to call in sick then go ahead, nothing you can really do about it.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It happens, you are better off not being around food and people if sick. A good manager would understand. If its something that keeps repeating then that would a bigger issue of course as they need to keep the business running.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Depends on the boss.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Not necessarily. Better to call in sick than to show up and spread your germs to others. That would get you fired guaranteed. People can tell when someone is not feeling well. Especially in a food establishment, you should never show up sick.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Depends on how you are doing otherwise. The more notice you give them the better.

• 6 months ago

No. But if you call in sick a lot during your probationary period, it doesn't reflect well that they will choose to keep you on the job.

• 6 months ago

Probably not. It's in the best interest of restaurants to keep sick employees away. In addition, allowing you to work while you are ill would violate a health regulation.

• Jogger2425
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

When you call in sick, don't just tell them you are ill. Report your symptoms. Health regulations for restaurants may require your employer to know about your symptoms.

• Mog
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Probably not the first time. But they don’t like it if you’re sick often.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.