How do I turn in my two weeks?

For the past week, I’ve been struggling to turn in my two weeks resignation for a fast food restaurant. I had prepared the letter and planned on giving it to my employer, as he’s usually there to deliver our checks on Thursdays. That day, however, he was not there. Every other day, he usually isn’t around and only stops by for several minutes when he is there. I haven’t gotten around to give it to him because first of all, I don’t know when he’ll be there, and second of all when he is there, it’s unexpected and I don’t have my letter with me. I can contact him through the “crew” app and through his phone number, but I don’t think it’s appropriate to quit through text. It’s really annoying bc I should’ve already quit a week ago. I could hand it to one of my managers, but I’m worried that they won’t know how to hand it to him either/don’t have access to him. I also don’t want my managers to find out first. I would want to inform my employer first before informing anyone else

Hello

Give it to a manager... They experienced it before so they will know what to be with it.

Best

• Jay

Stop stressing...it is a fast food restaurant. People quit all of the time..with no notice.

So re-write the letter to say " Thank you for the opportunity to work here, but my last day will be on August ____. Thank you again for the job opportunity. Sincerely_____"

Make a copy and MAIL it to the employer. Address it GUYS NAME in care of NAME of his business.etc...

2 days after you mail it, send an email that says exactly the same thing.

And then you work until the day you said, ask them to forward your last check to your home address...and go about your life.

• Katie

Send it to the payroll department and ask them to give a copy when he turns up to collect the cheques.

Does he have an "in" box??

• Judy

Give it to a manager. They will know how to handle it.

1.Your not the first person to end a job with this company. So don't worry about managers or assistant managers. They have policies and they follow them.

2. You sign and date the resignation letter. You also list the last possible day that you can work. Then you hand it to a manager of this place. Who ever is managing at the time that you are there. There is someone, so give it to them.

3. Then there will be some question. Does the company let you finish out the time that you have specified or do they let you go on the spot. Chances are high that your a good worker, so they will let you work until you don't want to work any more. You then leave on good terms just in case if you want to return in the future. You don't say anything bad, just that you have to leave for what ever reason. Lastly, your manager is your employer for all intents and purposes. If the manager wanted you to go, you would be gone. so don't worry about this.

Back yourself up. Give it to a manager, give the same thing in text to the owner and keep a record for yourself.