If you do not accept college loans can your parents pay instead?

I am going to be a freshman in college this year. My cost of going to school is 8,300 dollars. My school offered me three different loans at various amounts. my parents only want me to take the 3,500 loan but not take out the other two loans. They instead want to pay out of pocket for the remainder of the cost.Can they do this?

No one cares loser.

Yes they can. Make sure they get the subsidized loan! They won’t pay interest until you graduate.

• susan

Yes. Anybody who is willing may pay for anyone's college. They don't even have to be related.

Nice , hope your attitude to gain your aim , think this is very nice to all ar

• nancy

Yes. You are never required to borrow a loan and you can always pay out of pocket. If you don't want the other two loans, simply decline them.

Parents like that are top notch parents because once an individual turn 18 that individual is grown so i take my hat off to those kind of parents

Yes. They are not responsible for paying your college debt unless they co-sign.

Isn't it obvious you're going to be a freshman?

Is the $8,300 semester or yearly tuition?

You should've applied for scholarships. If they pay off the rest, you'd be pretty fortunate otherwise you'll drown in debt.

Why on Earth could they not? The object of going to college is not to get yourself into debt you can never pay off.

Do you have FAFSA? I recommend you look into FAFSA and see if you are elgible for it.

To answer your question, they can if they want to. You would have to talk to them about it.

• Chloe6 months agoReport

I only stated that question as a way that would help pay for things instead of not getting any loans. But you would be right about that too.