I am concerned about x-rays I had and if they were safe?

I had my first appointment at a different dentist yesterday and am really concerned the x-rays they took on me were not safe. They took my x-rays in a small x-ray room rather than in the room where I had my cleaning. The lead apron they used was really big and covered more of my body. Whenever the woman... show more I had my first appointment at a different dentist yesterday and am really concerned the x-rays they took on me were not safe.

They took my x-rays in a small x-ray room rather than in the room where I had my cleaning.

The lead apron they used was really big and covered more of my body.

Whenever the woman took an x-ray she would close me into the x-ray room and then go out to the hall to take them rather than standing in the door way.

Should I be worried about these x-rays being less safe? I am just really concerned that the reason the woman closed me into to room and put such a big lead apron on me is that their x-ray machine is unsafe.
1 answer 1