Daggerfagger asked in HealthOptical · 6 months ago

Is it weird to wear glasses if you don’t need them ?

I like to wear glasses because things seem better to look at when reading or seeing things even though I can see perfectly fine without them. Plus I look better with them on.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Needed are sunglasses, safety glasses used in lab or chemical plants or by welders or by swimmers or by bike-riders to shield vs particles and stones of dust-cement-metals-snow. Eye doctor prescribe glasses for patients with myopia-hypermetropia-bifocals and glasses for post-cataract surgery-sore eyes to prevent spread of infection. Blind person uses dark glasses to indicate his or her presence to others and to let others know about his or her eye condition so that conditions can be made accessible to a visually challenged person such as use of Braille text. To protect the eye or to see correctly-glasses are needed. One has to be absolutely sure that one will not need glasses.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

If they are a current prescription pair of glasses for distance or bifocals then yes you should be wearing them! If they are reading glasses for up close stuff, then only wear when needed! If you are prescribed glasses and even if you can see good without them, its a good idea to wear them all the time! Many times people will be prescribed glasses with a very weak prescription but in the end it still helps your eyes. Its not weird to wear glasses if it helps!

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.