Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Isn't there an element of DENIAL in the atheist when he says there is no evidence for faith, when the evidence is clear to billions of folks?

Update:

If there was no evidence why would there be billions of believers???

48 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Denial is the last gasp of the defeated.

• 5 months ago

Then toss out your claim of faith and show the evidence.

• 5 months ago

Feelings are not evidence. You FEEL Jesus rose from the dead, just like Jews FEEL Moses parted the Red Sea, or Muslims FEEL that Prophet Muhammed encountered an angel that told him to write down the Koran. In no case is there any physical evidence that these things happened in reality.

• antonius
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Bob, They have gone off the rails on this one.

• 5 months ago

I say we should formulate a general law: The truth or falsity of all religious and philosophical propositions should be determined by majority vote. Since a majority of people believe in some kind of god, that's proof that a god exists. That makes sense, doesn't it? Well, doesn't it?

update: For the benefit of thumbs-downers, no, it doesn't make sense, and that's exactly my point.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Is there an elephant in the closet crushing to death?

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I have faith in many things, god just doesn't happen to be one of them.

• 5 months ago

Faith is belief without evidence. There is no testable evidence for the existence of any of the many thousands of gods. Those who believe in gods have faith. Those who don't are atheists.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I would hardly call you a billion

• 5 months ago

In some, religious faith is self serving egotism arrogantly insisting that they hold the higher moral ground. This perhaps is a much needed balance to their religious indoctrination of self loathing, shame, unworthiness and guilt.

Faith is believing something that is not true..

Delusion is believing that it is true...

Religious people require strong doses of both.

We all use faith and delusion in our lives as a coping mechanism, some of us rely on it to a fault.

• Jackolantern
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

And then there are those who use religion as a tool for fortune and fame by jetting around the globe in multimillion jets claiming to be messengers of God.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Faith is belief in the absence of evidence - something I just can't muster.

• Jackolantern
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I don't think being an honest person has anything to do with it. Faith in the existence of a god is a mind set that many honest and dishonest persons maintain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.