What do you prefer to read while relaxing by a pool while on holiday. A new book or an old favourite?

Best Answer

I always carry a couple books with me on vacation. I very seldom re-read books no matter where I am.

• Zac Z

Location has little influence on whether I read a new book or reread one that I've read before.

Since I have a huge pile of unread books I don't reread that much so chance are that the book I read at the pool side is a new one.

new book, definitely.

• Mark

Generally speaking, I'll go to the library and randomly choose a novel from the displays, and read that. I aim for an author I haven't read before.

being a Christian i would love to read a love inspired romance novel or a suspense novel. these books do not have bad language or sex scenes in them. they are pretty good to read and the stories are sometimes very intresting. Thanks for the question friend God bless.

I like to mix it up a bit.

But rereading an old favourite let's my brain relax and don't need concentrate as much.

• Sky

When I'm on vacation (what we call being on holiday here in the US), there are a great many more things for me to do than sit around and read a book. I can do that at home. If I was at a place with a pool I'd rather be swimming. If I was at a place with great scenery I'd rather be out hiking and exploring. To sit and read would feel like I'm wasting precious time from my vacation. I can always read when I'm at home sitting on the toilet.

Both sound great, guess it depends on which mood I am into on the day so my preference will go the one that related

Nothing. The pages will get wet, even if it has a hard cover.