Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 6 months ago

After staying in a Schengen area for 90 days are you allowed to get a visa that allows you to work in Europe w/o leaving for 90 days before?

Update:

As an American citizen you are allowed to visit Schengen countries for up to 90 days per every 180 days. So my question is if you went to a Schengen country and stayed for 90 days are you then allowed to apply for a work visa that grants you entry and residence before those 180 days are up.

For example: If I stay in Spain for 90 days am I then allowed to apply for a visa to work in France that would start only 30 days after my initial visit and therefore not after the 180 days are up?

Update 2:

I won't need a tourist visa as an American citizen. The question is more about the time. Can I get a visa in a European country after already spending 90 days in Europe without having to wait 90 more days to re-enter the Schengen area?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope

If you want a work visa for a European country (no such thing as a European-wide visa for this), you need to apply from your home country; you can't do it in Europe.

You also can't work or look for work as a tourist.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Having once held a tourist visa is irrelevant to being able to get a work visa in the future. But as it takes longer than 90 days to process a work visa the time thing won't be a problem.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.