how many wedding mints do I make for 175 guests?

20 should do it, no one eats the mints.

That seems like a lot of work. But, I would figure two to three mints per guest would be sufficient. Remember, often there are more party favors that remain on the table than are eaten.

What kind of mints?

My sister in law made chocolate mints for her son’s wedding. They were poured into molds with the initial of the couple, then wrapped in colored foil.

She makes wonderful mints.

But these were a huge disappointment. Really a lot of work for nothing, They were put out at each table. Some guest thought they were butter??????? Honesty most guest ignored them. There were a ton left over.

She made 1.5 per guest. So for 175 guest she made 260 mints

• Ann

I had to do that one time, and it's a real chore. Figure at least three per guest. If you're bagging them up in little favor bags, figure four per guest. If you're setting them out in bowls at the reception, figure less.

I would say 350 or more.

Zero. Seriously. No one appreciates wedding favors. 90% of them will be left behind or forgotten.

Why make any at all? That seems weird.

• Kelly

Mints are pretty small so I'd do 5 or so per guest. Though nobody eats mints so there's that too.

At least 175...…..

Depends how many you want to give each guest.

If you're giving each several in a bag as favours; 4-5 each minimum.

If you're just putting bowls out; 150-200

• Quentin

Split the difference and call it 175. 175 wedding mints do I make for 175 guests