necie asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 5 months ago

How in the world do you visit Antarctica?

Just want to visit the 7 continents before I die but Antarctica is a bit more difficult than the others. They don't have hotels and I have a phobia of water so cruise ship is out. What other options are there?

By ship............

s you do not want to swim row a boat or go by cruise ship.Skateboarding bike riding is not an option by Air Balloons are not reliable.

Leaving that modern wonder called an Airplane.

you can check each Airport for their scheduled flights. If you find one take it.

I will help you out . the three letter codes are as follows: TNM and WFR

Did you get them all? Just enter your departure place code and destination code in your search place,

For example SYD and ( )

TNM .does not have scheduled flights. It does have flights from cruise ships.

the summer population is about 150 people how may Hotels did you expect to find?

Suggest you see if the Chilean Antarctic Institute will take you on as a researcher.

Now there are a few other places planes can land.

• Mark

I believe Qantas still runs a return flight to Antartica (it doesn't land there) from Sydney. It's seasonal. Otherwise, only by being a highly qualified scientist or military person on business...

If going by ship is out, then you have to get there by plane. Has it occurred to you to google 'flights to antarctica' and do some reading on the websites you find?

If you don't don't want to go on a ship that only leaves one option,fly in an aeroplane.