Can I bring cookies from my small bakery I manage to a friend's bridal shower if I'm not a bridesmaid?

What does being a bridesmaid have to do with this at all? If you want to offer to help with the food, contact the HOST of the shower and ask if they'd like you to bring cookies. ANYONE can host a shower or be part of those contributing to the cost of that shower. It is NOT a bridesmaid's duty to do either. It would not be appropriate to just show up with unexpected food or to give cookies as a bridal shower gift.

I would ask first it may be rude otherwise

• Ocimom

If you are invited I would contact the person giving the bridal shower and ask them. Don't just bring them without permission.

You can always ask the host what to bring and not bring.

• edward

I have been to bridal showers before and i always bring something with me. It’s usually not in a restaurant, which is the only place where outside food can not be brought in because of the health codes and whatever. I’ve never had any issues. Same thing for weddings. Bring snacks for later

1) Only if you're invited; and

2) Only if you ask the hostess first.

Bridal showers are hosted events, not pot-luck. The hostess puts effort into planning the event and providing the refreshments including dessert (which is traditionally cake). Maybe she has already made some cookies. Maybe she doesn't want store-bought cookies. Maybe she doesn't want cookies at all. Maybe she will be thrilled to have you bring cookies. Ask her.

If you are invited to the shower

And if you ask the hostess if you can bring them

• Kelly

You should contact the hosts of the shower, first.

They may already be providing that or it may be at a venue where the venue is providing the food and doesn't allow outside food in.

I own a bakery and I wouldn't just randomly bring in cookies/cakes/whatever to a shower/party that I wasn't hosting from my bakery unless the hosts asked me to or if I reached out to them and made the offer and they accepted. If I reach out to them, it's generally someone I know well. If you do it on your own it could come off as rude or offensive to the hosts.

Probably (unless it's at a venue where food is provided)

Ask whoever's organising it

• Gabe

Sure why not. It's a free country.