Are you supposed to get student loan calls?

I keep getting voice mail about calling back talking about repayment options but I’m still in school and don’t have to pay back the loan while I’m in school. I have the app that says I don’t have to pay back till like a year after I graduate. The phone calls are always from different cities always sounds like the same lady though. But they never mention my name but they do give me a reference number to call back for. I know there are a lot of scams going around and I don’t wanna fall for one.

Also today the voicemail said something about it being time sensitive and extending the time?

Why are you in school??? School is for idiots!! You need to be the lady calling and scamming everybody. You'll make a lot more money that way than you ever will with a college degree.

• di

Go to your Student Aid Account at NSLDS.ed.gov and see who your loan servicer will be if they are listed at this point. If there is one listed, that will be the company that will be your repayment contact. Your repayment will begin 6 months after you leave school - be sure to confirm that your enrollment status is listed as "in-school" - you have to be attending school at least 1/2 time in order to qualify for in-school deferment. If you are currently enrolled LESS than 1/2 time, your grace period STARTED when you dropped below 1/2 time enrollment.

• martin

This definitely sounds like a scam. They would try to steal your account number and personal data, and maybe your parents' too.

They are scams. I get so many calls like that daily

• John6 months agoReport

Why do you keep answering the phone?