I've worked part time at Whataburger for three months. How should I quit?

This is my first job and I intended to be here much longer than 3 months but I have decided to move 4 hours away to live with my grandma and go to community college up there. I want to be able to give them two weeks notice because I have been treated pretty fairly while I've been there but I don't know how to write a resignation or even how to go about talking to my general manager (or do I just go to a regular manager?) about quitting.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • KaleyK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best Answer

The answer is ... YES .... talk to your immediate manager, let him/her know that your last day will be ddmm2019. Let them know why ... that you have decided to move and attend college. There is no requirement in law that you provide any notice, however it is courteous and it leaves the bridges behind you in tact.

• martin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Any manager usually is sufficient, because they'll tell the higher-up managers you're leaving. Go to your immediate supervisor and be gentle and polite just as you've described the situation. You will need them as references in the future.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Just tell the GM when you see him. Or call if you never see him.

• 5 months ago

No you should not

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jason
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

just your regular manager, explain your situation and ask him what you need to do...he'll understand

• 5 months ago

By the way I forgot to add it but I am moving next month and need to quit quickly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.