Did JK Rowling rip off Harry Potter from Star Wars?

My uncle yesterday was wearing a Star Wars shirt. I like to tease him so I said Harry Potter is a better movie than Star Wars. He said, "Really? Because Harry Potter is just a retelling of Star Wars." I said No way. Then he pointed out that 1. Both stories are about a Chosen One, predestined to... show more My uncle yesterday was wearing a Star Wars shirt. I like to tease him so I said Harry Potter is a better movie than Star Wars.

He said, "Really? Because Harry Potter is just a retelling of Star Wars."

I said No way. Then he pointed out that

1. Both stories are about a Chosen One, predestined to restore harmony in the universe.
2. The Chosen One was orphaned as a baby.
3. The Chosen One was raised by an aunt and an uncle.
4. Though the aunt and uncle know his true potential, they keep it from him.
5. He only learns about his true potential as a teenager.
6. He teams up with a male and female companion to begin an epic journey.
7. He is taken under the wing of an elderly bearded sage who begins to teach him his true potential.
8. The forces of evil are personified in one super evil villain.
9. He and his companions must do battle against this villain without the assistance of the sage.
10. Although it seems the Chosen One and his companions have made a decisive victory, the super evil villain narrowly escapes and a never ending franchise is set up.

When he points it out like that it seems that Rowling ripped off Star Wars to make Harry Potter and that has me kind of sad.