Is New York City safe??

• MS
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it's safe. You certainly have to use common sense, but it is safe for tourists and residents alike.

.Safety is relative.

Yes. Just use common sense and trust your intuitions. And you won’t have problems. Was born there in ‘56, left in ‘92. Go back sometimes. Have lived in CT now for a few decades. Actually feel safer in New York when I go back there now. Go figure. “Corrupticut” is hell on earth

It's okay cuz I got Fiddy Cent wit' me cuz aye yo wazzup? Get The Strapppp niggaaaaaaaaa!

Safer than Canada......

• Fitz6 months agoReport

Really, Canada is NOT safe? LOL!

Elaborate...

Don't be wandering around unknown areas @ 2 am. Or taking the subway after 9 pm you'll likely be ok.

I was there Thursday. Sounds like you have not been in ages - and are quiverring in your closet, maybe finding your hand gun . . . While I continue to meet friends, go to shows and concerts, and generally have a great time - and feel safe. You poor baby . . .

• A C

I got robbed there once about 40 years ago but I think it's safer now (talking about downtown shopping area of Manhattan.)

• A C

Live and learn. Ha. I gave up drinking a couple of years after that when I became a Christian.

"New York" encompasses several areas, with different crime rates. The crime rate in Manhattan is generally low, especially in regard to violent crime. I was there 2 years ago, and it was lovely- I did not see any of the "trash' that people like Robert are claiming. I wonder if he's every been there? People in middle America tend to love to hate New York.

• Jay P

I've visited a couple of times and never had any issues... That includes walking around major streets and tourist areas at night and I did not feel there was a potential for threat nor harm.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!