Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesWashington, D.C. · 11 months ago

Is it true that social life at Washington DC sucks?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Very. There is a chill in the air. Its a competitive place and super elitist. The bar so high that 95% of everybody is a pariah. A lot of Asberger type people, live alone, never date, just work, few friends.

Sometimes they surprise you like whenever I carry my dog into 7 11 people hold the door open for me. Once I passed out in a store and 5 people were around me when I came to & very concerned. But, it just feels very lonely here.

( I'm in the Virginia suburbs 20 minutes out but considered DMV area)

Nope...you just need to know where to go.

I go to DC to see the monuments and museums - the Smithsonian, the White House, the Washington & Jefferson memorials, etc. LOL - who goes there to socialize??

• MS

A lot of the socializing among working individuals in DC tends to center around networking. There always seems to be a feeling that you need to get your name out there and get to know people. There are pretty good college social scenes. And you can certainly find people to meet and more casual bars and other social opportunities.