Is New York City a good place to live??

Best Answer

It depends. Manhattan is fiercely expensive. I wouldn't live in NYC because it's much too crowded for me, but if you could live near one of the big parks, it might seem less crowded. The advantage to NYC is the nightlife and all the contacts you can make. The crime rate is lower than in some other big cities, and it is truly a cosmopolitan city and a world capital.

• John P

As with any city - "It depends". NYC might be a "world capital" but note that it is not officially the capital of anywhere.

Depends on if you want to be in the city that never sleeps.

If you value culture, the society of other human beings, (Because there’s no way you’re going to be able to avoid it), a cosmopolitan atmosphere, diversity in every sense, being able to walk or take public transport to get to places instead of just hopping in the big, shiny SUV to drive to the local Walmart and experience the wonderfulness of that, you might just like it. Very expensive though

• Betty

Yes,I love it...plenty to see and do.Can be expensive,but all good places are expensive these days.

New York is an awesome place to live. Many people DREAM of living in NYC .

those that want out..............there's the door.......BYE!

Depends on where in NYC - it has its good and bad

• Mike

My GF and I worked a few blocks apart in midtown Manhattan. I lived in Flushing. She lived somewhere across the Hudson where the smells were unbearable. We considered taking an apartment around the corner from my office. The rent seemed too much and, when we married, we settled in a two fare zone in Flushing where the rent was about 2/3 the Manhattan rent. During a transit strike, her employer put us up at the St. Regis and gave her a meal allowance that fed us both. We almost went broke because of all the concerts and shows we went to. When the strike ended, we moved back to Flushing. We could still go to events in Manhattan, but the temptation wasn't in front of us every night.

It is for some people and not for others. It depends on your preferences and personality.

To visit yes but i find it lame when you stay there more than a week.

• Mark

I suppose. But if you're from Stittsville or Dogpatch, it may be overwhelming for you.

Nooo it’s smoggy and expensive