what is an absolutely free I mean FREE antivirus program for windows 10 and I have tried Avast?

Many free antivirus is available for windows and Mac PC for lifetime activation.

Some of providing the only free full feature with limited days like 30Day or 15 days trail but some also available with lifetime free antivirus with limited feature. to get all pro feature you need to buy pro feature.

You can enjoy the best free antivirus for Windows here.

• Aaron

Most popular antiviruses have free editions, and will suffice.

AVG is pretty good and reliable

Do try Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.

Windows Defender is enough to for home and average office use. Its free.

I am a total Bitdefender fan, try their free version:

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

• keerok

AVG

.

• Fred

There is plenty of negative writing about any MS product including Defender. In the past I have used the free versions of both Avast and AVG (they are both owned by the same company today) and was satisfied except for the constant nag screens to upgrade to the paid versions.

I switched to MS Defender around the time Win 8 came out. The only difference that I noticed was the lack of nag screens because there is no paid version of Defender. Don't listen to the naysayers and try it for yourself. I think that you will be satisfied.

Uninstall your present AV and Defender will activate.

• P

Windows 10 comes with free antivirus with windows defender built in. All free anti-virus offers very little protection. For most people they just give a false sense of security. It's like a bank hiring a single security guard in a bad neighborhood and expecting the guard to fight off a gang of bank robbers. Developing safe browsing habits and restricting kids internet access to certain websites is the only real way to insure you stay safe.

Was there something wrong with the free version of Avast? I had it on one computer for years.

I've also used the free level of AVG.