Eric asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 7 months ago

How to go on Holiday alone?

Like how and when would I change the money for the country? how much would I need? When I arrive how would I get a ride to my hotel?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Look it up.............

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Judging by your previous posts, you're not really fit to go abroad by yourself. Why not arrange a short holiday in your own country first, jist to get a little experience of ticket-buying and hotel-booking under your belt?

• 7 months ago

Don't change money- there are ATMs in every airport. You can take your money out as you need it. Google the name of the airport and "transportation". You'll get a website with all the options. It would help if you told us where you're going. Some airports have subway or train service to town, some have buses, and at some, you need to follow the signs to the taxi line and wait for a taxi. The more expensive hotels may have a shuttle from the airport.

• MS
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You can change your money at the airport or at a bank. How much you need depends on what you are doing and what of that you will need to spend cash on. How you get to your hotel depends on where you are - some places have excellent public transportation from airports to the city areas where the hotels are likely to be. You can also take a taxi or arrange for a shuttle. Again, the options will depend on where you are going.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

You can change it in advance in a bureau du change in your country, or when you get there (airports generally offer the worst rates). You may also be able to withdraw currency from your bank account there, and make payments by card in that currency.

How much you need depends on where you're going, for how long, and what you need to pay for.

You can get a taxi, walk, use public transport... depends on the distance.

• 7 months ago

You could change money at a bank before you go. The easiest is generally to use your atm card in the country you go to but check with your bank before you go to make sure you have access and find out what the fees are. There are currency exchanges at the airport but the costs are really high (the exchange rate is generally very poor). The best for exchange is to use a credit card (that doesn't have international fees).

To get to your hotel, first see if the hotel has a shuttle to the airport (assuming you are flying), if not, taxi or Uber type service is good. Then there is usually a public subway or bus option. Read up on taxi costs and things before you go. You could also contact the hotel and ask them the best way.

The amount of money you need depends on where you are going and how much you want to spend so it is not easy to give even a rough idea of how much money you need.

• 7 months ago

There are currency exchanges at airports and banks. You can find their locations on Google. You can also arrange for transportation to and from the airport with a shuttle service, again it's a good idea to reserve it in advance. You can also get information on expenses, hotels, attractions and the average cost of food.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Speak life!!! Through the deadest darkest night

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.