Simon
Lv 4
Simon asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 5 months ago

I am going to China, want to bring a phone. Does cell phone service exist in CHINA? Is use of cell phones restricted or prohibited in China?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Use of cell phones is not restricted or prohibited in China. Unless your in a local cinema, threater or some parts of government buildings.

• james
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

A American cell phone will not work there. So you will need to buy a Chines one there & sim card. Around U.S. $40 for a decent one there. With sim card. & 3 day load. You will need buy a load also. They will put you on the high priced service as you do not know cell plans there. Also China now requires when you buy a phone there to show your passport & they will record the passport number. Also required if you buy a new sim card there. Use is not restricted but they do listen in. The new ATM machines there. You must remove your hat & glass's as it takes your photo to use many of them now in China.

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Total BS...I was sitting in the HK airport just this past May and texting all my family back in the States with my Galaxy S9 phone. All I needed to do was inform my carrier ATT and arrange for an overseas temporary program. Cost me $10 per day, but if and only if I used the phone.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Most American phones will not work in most Asian countries

You would need to buy a sim card to call locally

• 5 months ago

I have a Huawei phone and I am able to use it in China. You might have to get a sim card which will be a fun process for you. I teach English in China so usually, my school will help me with that. In China just make a point to not disrupt the social harmony of the country. Act like you are going to a friend's house. Be polite to the Chinese, avoid conflicts and leave your American exceptionalist ideologies at home. Despite what others might say. Chinese people are wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful. I love living in China and cannot wait until I can return again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sam
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

YES, some places better than usa and cheaper. buy a card on their network there. Make sure your phone is unlocked.

• Toruko
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

China voiced some advice for English speakers.

"Don't say we didn't warn you". It also halted all

shipments to English speakers of its rare earths.

Something it did twice before. Before using its

military against foreign nations. I recommend

recalling what happened to USA citizens in Asia

following an Asian attack of Hawaii on a Sunday

morning.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Bring some pigeons as a back up plan.

• 5 months ago

I believe that it is restricted.

• james
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

They now requirw when you buy a phone or sim car to show your passport. & they do record the passport number.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

< Does cell phone service exist in CHINA? >

Duh, yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.